As Shockwave has noted, Derail is unafraid of death. Frankly, he's not afraid of anything. This doesn't make him stupid, however. An explosives expert who stores his gear in his considerably large and armored altmode, Derail is fully aware of the fact that his allies could be blown to bits just as easily as his enemies and gladly heals his comrades right up. Winning the war is a team effort, and he's a team player.
Derail was part of the crew of the Leviathan when it shot down the Autobot ship Arclight over Central City. He and the other Decepticons on board went on to engage in a number of battles against the surviving Autobots in a number of places around the world.
- His in-game weapons are the Avalon Beam Gun, Anarchix Mine Deployer, and Cipher Pulse Blaster. His mine cleaner alt-mode comes equipped with a photon burst cannon.
- His in-game abilities are:
- Minefield — Derail deploys 5 mines that deal damage to both shield and spark.
- Unsafe Distance — Derail instantly immobilizes any enemy next to him .
- Energon Energizer — Derail can provide an ally with additional resistance to damage with his Cipher Pulse Blaster.
- His active subsystem is "Blast Rush", which speeds up the time between equipment uses when Derail is caught in his own mine explosion.
- Derail is one of the six Founders Pack exclusive characters for Transformers Universe.