Soldiers are a class featured in Transformers: War for Cybertron. They boast the strongest offense of all four classes. Soldiers use big machine guns and ballistics, and can turn into tanks whenever they please.
Life bar: 6
- Defender (Warpath)
- Protector (Scattershot, DLC #1, available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, but not for the PC version.)
- Crusher (Brawl)
- Destroyer (Megatron)
- Eradicator (Demolishor, unlockable if preordered through Amazon.com (U.S.) or Play.com (U.K.), or via DLC #1, available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, but not for the PC version.)
Soldiers can equip two of these four weapons:
- Neutron assault rifle
- X12 Scrapmaker
- EMP shotgun
- Thermo rocket launcher
They use energon hammers in melee and carry frag grenades.
Soldiers can eventually choose two from four different abilities:
- Hover: Float a few feet off the ground and increase weapon damage. Also, become a sitting duck.
- Whirlwind: Execute a spinning melee attack that beats down everybody near you.
- Ammo Beacon: Deploy a temporary beacon that refills ammo and increases weapon damage while nearby. (Level 2)
- Energon Sling: Disable enemy's abilities for a while. (Level 5)
- 180: Turn around really fast. Can be disorienting if you do it accidentally.
Soldiers can eventually choose up to three upgrades to augment their abilities: First Tier
- P.o.K.E. Alpha: Increases damage of Whirlwind. (Level 1)
- Sharp Shooter: Reduces weapon spread. (Level 1)
- Death from Above: Increases hover damage bonus. (Level 7)
- Grenade Dispenser: Ammo beacon also generates one grenade per teammate. (Level 10)
- Heavy Weapons: Increases damage for EMP Shotgun, X12 Scrapmaker and Thermo Rocket Launcher. (Level 17)
- Path Blaster: Ammo beacon spawns an Ion Displacer turret (!). (Level 23)
- Flurry of Blows: Whirlwind speed increases. (Level 3)
- Flak Armor: Reduces explosion damage. (Level 3)
- Saboteur: Increases Energon Sling effect time. (Level 8)
- Flight Pack: Increases Hover duration. (Level 13)
- Energon Absorbers: Decreases damage taken while using Whirlwind. (Level 19)
- Improved HeatSink: Decreases weapon reload time. (Level 24)
- Weapon Stabilizer: Reduces weapon kickback. (Level 6)
- Nemesis Maker: Increases flak grenade damage radius. (Level 6)
- Blaster Amplifier: Gain two extra ammo clips. (Level 9)
- First Aid: Decreases health regeneration delay. (Level 15)
- Explosive Capacitor: Carry one extra grenade. (Level 21)
- Rapid Recharge: Reduces ability recharge time. (Level 25)
After killing enough guys without dying, every class can use special abilities. The soldiers' are:
- Ammo Matrix (3 kills): Locks your ammo clip and refills team's ammo/grenades.
- Electromagnetic pulse (5 kills): Jams enemy's abilities for a while.
- Omega Missile (7 kills): Fires a guided missile at everyone.