In order to maintain a high standard of quality, Transformers: Prime Wiki has an image policy that is designed to keep images categorized and orderly. If you see any images that do not adhere to this policy, please fix them.
Images should generally uploaded in the .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The latter may be more preferable for you due to its lossless data compression, but we recommend sticking to .jpg whenever possible as it helps keep file size down.
When uploading an image, please make sure that the file name is descriptive of what the image depicts.
For general images:
- Bad names - screen0084546.jpg, capture3457.gif, screenshot-image23ccc03.png
- Good names - tfprime_bumblebee_vehicle.jpg, smokescreen_vehicle.gif, RID_simacore_robot_mode.png,
Copyright, Licensing and Sourcing
When uploading an image, please select the appropriate licensing. This will tell other users who look at the image what license the image falls under, thereby letting them know the copyright status of the image.
- All images must have clear source info as to where the image is from. When uploading one, you must properly label the source and any pertinent copyright info.
- Images taken from fansites need to be acknowledged
- If those sites have a special license to use copyrighted images, do not take them without explicit permission;
- The image should be of the highest quality available. HD (1080p) screen-captures are favored.
- The image should be an accurate, distinguishable representation of the character and/or object.
- The character in the infobox should be standing still, which includes all kind of absence of movement.
- Extreme facial closeups should be avoided for an infobox image.
- If an article contains three images or more (including the infobox), an image from the character's waist up is sufficient for the infobox. At least one of the images in the article should depict the character's full body, or the images as a group should show enough angles to give a full impression of the character.
The following should be implemented taking in consideration both the length of the article and the prevalence of the character:
- Solo Appearance/Minor Characters (e.g. Vince, Butch) should have 1-3 photos.
- Major Reoccurring Characters (e.g. Fracture, Clampdown) should have 3-7 photos.
- Major and Extremely Popular Characters (e.g. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream) should have 8 or more photos.
Galleries exist to present readers with a structured and meaningful collection of the media on this wiki. Usually, they are created to give a sample or overview of all the media on a given topic, be it a character, an episode, or a location.
Starting a Gallery
When creating a new gallery, a few things should always be included:
- A brief description of the subject (e.g. These images are from the episode Flobsters on Parade)
- The gallery tag to hold media (<gallery></gallery>)
Please do your best to organize all screenshots chronologically.
Sections and Subsections
- If the gallery is about a character/object, it should be divided into the following sections and subsections:
- Name of the Movie
- Name of the Movie
- TV series name
- Number and name of the episode
- Name of the comic book
- Video Games
- Name of the video game
- Name of the video game
- If the gallery is about an episode, please state the name of the TV series and the episode.
- Once the gallery is made, it should be categorized with the Galleries category.
- If the gallery is an episode gallery (like Triage/Gallery) or a movie gallery (like Predacons Rising/Gallery), the gallery should also be categorized with that particular episode or movie's category. The episode galleries should also be categorized with that particular TV series' and season category. The galleries of characters, items, or locations from those movies and TV series belong only in the Character Galleries category and SHOULD NOT be categorized with those TV series' or movies' categories.
Duplicate Images and Replacement
Duplicate images should not be uploaded unless intended to replace a lower quality version of the same image. Before you upload any image, be sure that the image isn't already uploaded by someone else by checking the galleries.
- Replacing can take place when the original file:
- Is uncredited and/or unlicensed
- Is of low resolution/quality
In the latter case, the original picture should be replaced by the exact same version (with better quality).
- An image will be deleted as soon as possible if it meets one or more of the following conditions:
- No source for the image has been presented.
- No licensing information for the image has been presented.
- It remains unused after two weeks of its uploading.
- It is obvious vandalism or a low-quality duplicate.
- Images should remain unaltered. Any changes of color levels, shading, brightness, contrast, alpha, etc., should be avoided, unless justified and according to consensus.
- Screenshots should preferably be submitted in their original ratio (4:3 or 16:9), unless they could benefit from cropping.
- If an image contains empty space or elements other than the subject being depicted, the image should be cropped to isolate the subject with respect given to the guidelines concerning closeups.
None of the above guidelines are applicable to images present on a user page, though an image might be removed if:
- It has nothing to do with Transformers.
- It is considered NSFW content (this will also most likely result in a ban).