It was announced on December 16, 2014 that the game would begin a phased closure immediately, fully closing on January 31, 2015, without ever having left beta testing.
The gameplay was slightly similar to other multiplayer battle arena games such as Dota 2 or League of Legends; however, there were no lanes or creeps, and the game was played from a third person perspective. Players picked from a roster of warriors and went head to head in battles to capture points or to annihilate the other team. Although the game featured several Prime characters in minor roles, new introductions to the Prime mythos such as Prowl and Switchblade took center stage.
It should not be confused with the Chinese counterpart MMO game: Transformers: Online.
The Decepticons have intercepted and shot down the Autobot spaceship Arklight, causing the surviving Autobots to crash-land on Earth (mostly the United States) aboard escape pods. This incident prompted the president to order "a national state of emergency and the total evacuation of eleven major cities." Optimus Prime contacted General Freeman, who provided these Autobot refugees with a base of operations. In return, the Autobots vowed to protect human civilization from the Decepticon threat.
There are currently three playable game modes, alongside a fourth "open world" map with no definite objective:
- Elimination pits Autobots against Decepticons. The first faction to reach 20 kills wins the match.
- Meteor Storm has both sides try to capture Energon meteor landing sites. The first team that gains 1000 points wins.
- Crisis is a player-vs-environment mode where teams fight hordes of Terrorcons and gather energon before fighting a final boss.
- Dispatch (also known as Incursion or Free Roam) is another player-vs-environment where players can partake small missions or mine for energon in the outer base area.
- VR Training Simulator (also known as Battle Simulation or Training Program) is an unreleased mode which allows Autobots or Decepticons to train with comrades against holomatter enemies.(This mode was to be included as one of the hangar entrances had been replaced with an entrance to this game mode however due to the game's early closure, it never made into the game itself.)
- Recon (also known as Capture The Flag or Capture The Intel) is another unreleased game mode in which Autobots and Decepticons must capture their enemies' "flag" and carry it to their "base". (This mode was also to be included as the keybinding showed keys for dropping the flag and picking it up.)
An additional "Challenge" mode was added were players could prearrange an Elimination match. However no rewards are given (not even experience points) and skill score remains unaffected. The "backfilling" game mechanic is disabled in this mode, and player statistics are not recorded.
There were a variety of classes to chose from. Although many of them could be grouped together (e.g. Mechanist and Medic, Demolisher and Suppressor).
Known classes Edit
- Demolisher (previously known as Assassin in closed beta) - Demolishers employ offensive equipment to deal devastating amounts of damage, at the expense of their defenses or utilities.
- Medic - Medics have traded their offensive capabilities in favor of defense and utility, allowing them to fulfill the role of primary healer, and keep themselves alive at the same time.
- Soldier - Soldiers are all-rounders, possessing an even spread of offensive and defensive weapons and
- Hybrid - Hybrids carry a balance of offensive and defensive systems, and a limited repairing capability. They are most effective when supporting allies.Mechanist - Mechanists surrender their offense in favor of strong defenses, their function being to keep themselves alive as they draw enemy fire. A bonus is that they can also repair their allies
- Interceptor (previously known as Demolisher in closed beta) - Interceptors are highly-destructive bots whose weapons and equipment are optimized for offense, making them effective at hit-and-run strategies.
- Suppressor - Suppressors are attack-orientated bots whose S-Techs favor offensive abilities.
- Controller - Controllers specialize in utilities. Their skill with buffs and debuffs is unmatched, using them for a wide variety of positive and negative effects.
- Guardian - Guardians trade in their offense & utilities in order to absorb enemy damage away from their allies.
Unknown classes Edit
In the store there are a couple of classes shown in the filter search for warriors. It's unknown what each of the classes did as there were no descriptions in-game.
- Hotfixer (also known as Sentinel)
- Optimus Prime
- Knock Out
- Snow Cat
- It is possible that this story takes place before the events of Transformers: Prime.
Main Article: Transformers: Universe/Gallery