The Safe and the Failsafe Edit
- Script: Robin Etherington
- Art: Jeremy Tiongson
- Lettering: Rona Simpson
- Continuity: Transformers: Prime
Ratchet apologises for the fact that Earth materials aren't up to Cybertronian standards, but nonetheless unveils the "Safe", a training room full of weapons. Raf wonders if it stands for "Systems And Firing Evaluation"—Ratchet just meant it was a safe place to train, but likes Raf's idea better. Raf, for one, is impressed by the hardware. Bulkhead wonders if they really need more training, though as Optimus Prime points out, there are more Decepticons than Autobots.
Ratchet hits the on button, and Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee proceed to go up against automated turrets. Bulkhead hits on the idea of simply smashing everything. Unfortunately in doing so he encounters something not in the original spec—a short-range nuclear ballistic missile which is now counting down ominously. If that's not bad enough Jack and Mika alert them to another threat: a group of Vehicons have mistaken the missile's energy signature for energon and are incoming.
While Optimus, Bumblebee and Arcee head out to deal with the 'Cons, Bulkhead holds the roof up so Ratchet and Raf can work on disabling the bomb. Outside, the three Autobots wade into the incoming Decepticons and swiftly dispatch them. Inside, Raf momentarily panics, causing Mika to point out that their time is short. After a moment's thought, Raf reprograms the timer to count upwards instead of downwards, giving them a lot more time to defuse it.
Bulkhead is ready to go bash some 'Cons, but Arcee tells him that's already dealt with. Agent Fowler, having been alerted by the missile's automatic tracking device, turns up with a team of scientists to defuse the bomb. Prime, believing that the bomb was placed there as a failsafe in case the Autobots ever turned on the humans, firmly tells them to take it with them when they leave. Later on, Ratchet suggests that Raf helps with the redesign of the "Safe".
Featured characters Edit
"Hmm, as a medic I've inoculated myself against flattery, but thank you, Prime."
"For a medical officer, Ratchet has a strange interest in blowing things up!"
"Yay for me!"
- —Bulkhead smashes things.
- Yes, that's right, "Mika".
Articles and features Edit
- Use Raf's codebreaker to crack the Cybertronian codes in this comic!
- Meet the Autobot team.
- The Missing Link: find the piece that fits in the picture of Bumblebee punching out a Vehicon.
- Megatron's favourite words: wordsearch.
- Episode Guide: Volume 1: Darkness Rising, Part 1
- Dark of the Moon movie pull-out poster of Shockwave.
- The Ultimate Smackdown: Megatron and Optimus Prime vs Sentinel Prime.
- Starscream's stumpers
- Competitions! Win a Nerf blaster or a Kre-O set.
- Mega-Mouth: Megatron and Arcee take over the letters page.
Free Gift! Edit
- Prime stickers
- Dark of the Moon REQUIEM BLASTER - a disc-shooter toy
- Revenge of the Fallen Disc Blaster - a different disc-shooter toy
"You must be the snivelling creature they call Arcee?" "And you must be the one they call Megapants, eh, I mean, Megatron."
- —Megatron and Arcee introduce themselves.
"Megatron's gone soft! Ha! Ha!"
- —Optimus butts in in an uncharacteristic sort of way.
"For your information I did not help Optimus. I calculated how best to destroy Sentinel. These are two very different things."
- —Silly Megatron, that was movie Megatron.
"Killer Klaw is an awesome name, and as long as he can kick Autobot butt he can be pink with purple polka dots for all I care!"
- —Megatron explains Skyquake.
- Yes, Miko is named "Mika" elsewhere in the magazine too.
- From page 13 through to 19 is a Dark of the Moon pullout section, including an appearance by Skids in Starscream's Stumpers. Between that and the surplus movie-verse free gifts, we can assume that Titan decided on a Prime reboot at the last minute and had a lot of leftover DOTM stuff.
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold comic.
- Subscribe today!
- Transformers Comic issue 4.2, promising the return of Prime Megatron!
- Kre-O Transformers